Updated: May 1, 2020
Congratulations on your engagement!
Here’s how to do it:
1. Contact me ASAP to check my availability. Then, meet with me (obligation free) to discuss your ceremony, my services and fees.
2. Pay a Booking Fee to secure your special date (this is part of your ceremony fee, not an extra cost).
Date and Venue:
This is probably the most difficult part of your planning because it is so connected to your budget...
It's always great to know your timeline when booking your suppliers!
3. Eighteen (18) months to one (1) month before your ceremony: Start the legal documentation by completing your Notice of Intended Marriage. I will need to sight original documents to prove your date and place of birth; photo identification; and documents proving the dissolution of any previous marriages.
4. Six (6) weeks after our first meeting: Answer the Ceremony Information sheet and Couples Quiz that I will email to you. Return these documents to me so I can start personalising your ceremony.
5. Borrow my Resource Folder to help you design some elements of your ceremony; such as vows, readings and music ideas.
6. I will draft your personalised ceremony and email it to you. You can edit the script with any changes or inclusions to make to your ceremony perfect.
7. One (1) month before the ceremony: Pay the balance of your invoice.
8. One (1) week before the ceremony: We meet again for you to sign the next legal document, the ‘No Legal Impediment to Marriage’. And, if possible, do an on-site rehearsal to choreograph the bridal party movements.
9. On your Wedding Day:
I will: Conduct and solemnise your marriage
I will: Provide my Bose sound system with microphone for your guests to hear the ceremony
I will: Provide my signing table and two (2) chairs
You will: Nominate two witnesses (both over 18 years of age)
You will: Sign three certificates (two for records and one for you to keep)
10. After your ceremony:
I will: Register your marriage with Births, Deaths & Marriages and you can order the Registered Marriage Certificate at this stage (for an extra fee).
I will: Give you a printed copy of your ceremony script to keep for memorabilia and reference